All of our classes are being taught online currently. Please check the schedule below to see which classes we have openings in.
Openings for New Students
We currently have space in the following classes for new students who wish to join. Please contact us if you would like to attend a trial lesson.
- Year 2 (Beginner Level): Currently no openings available for this class.
- Year 3 (Upper Beginner Level): We have openings for this class. Please contact us if you would like a trial lesson.
- Year 5 (Intermediate Level): We have spaces available in Tuesday class 5:15-6:15 as well as in our Wednesday classes at 4pm and 5:15. Please contact us if you would like a trial lesson.
April 28-30, 2020
- Wasabi English will be releasing the GAMEBO app soon on Google Play and iTunes! Every student will get a special login ID that will allow them to play games using the flashcards we study in class. We expect to release the app this week!
- Thursday Year 2: This week we reviewed time and daily routines. Then we did our alphabet chant to work on reading skills. Students started learning the rooms of a house and matched the words with their pictures. We also practiced talking about where they did some of their daily routines in their homes. One example sentence is “I brush my teeth in the bathroom.” At the end of the lesson, students played soccer while reviewing sh, th, and ch word families for basic reading skills.
- Tuesday and Thursday Year 3: This week, we watched the story “Me on the Map.” We practiced reading the paragraph on page 10 again. Then we worked on talking about where someone is from. Students made sentences like “He is from Kenya.” “She is from America.” We played soccer at the end of the lesson to review Unit 1 and practice reading the vocabulary words.
- Tuesday and Wednesday Year 5: This week, we learned how to add how much time we would spend at our vacation sites. Students are now able to make sentences such as “I am going to London by airplane on Friday for two weeks.”
- Thursday Year 2: This week we reviewed time and daily routines. Then we did our alphabet chant to work on reading skills. Students worked on writing sentences like “I eat lunch at 12 o’clock.”
- Tuesday and Thursday Year 3: This week, we started the lesson with the Scavenger Hunt game again. Students had fun racing around their homes searching for the things in our vocabulary list. Next, we watched the story “Family.” We did worksheets to practice reading and writing the paragraph on page 10 and we also completed page 11. We played Soccer and practiced reading the vocabulary words like “Grandparents” or “granddaughter.” Homework is pages 6/7 in the yellow workbook.
- Tuesday and Wednesday Year 5: This week, we learned how to talk about when we are going somewhere. Students learned to extend the sentence pattern from last week by using “on,” “at,” and “in” when adding a time expression. An example sentence from this week is “I am going to London by airplane on Saturday.” We played the Knockout game and teams had to ask members of other teams questions to find out if they could guess when they were going somewhere. For example, Team 1 student A would ask Team 2 student D “Are you going to London by train?” Student D would answer either “Yes, I am.” or “No, I’m not.” The objective was to “knockout” all of the players on the other team by guessing when they were going on their trips.
April 14-16 Start of Wasabi’s New School Year! Yeah!
All lessons are being held on Zoom until the pandemic passes. We are still going to have lots of fun learning English though! Let’s do our best!
- Thursday Year 2: This week we played the Mystery Game. Students had to guess the mystery place and the appliances. Then we did our alphabet chant to work on reading skills. We watched the story “Can I Play Too?” Students reviewed the daily routines and parts of day vocabulary. We worked on making sentences and writing them out. Example sentences were “I do my homework in the afternoon.” We also practiced telling the time “It is 4 o’clock.” At the end of the class, we played a board game to review phonics and time.
- Tuesday and Thursday Year 3: This week, we watched the story “Still Stuck.” In the text, we started learning family vocabulary. We looked at pages 8 and 9 in the text book. Students listened to a dialogue and then wrote family vocabulary words. We practiced answering “What’s his/her name?” with “His/Her name is…” Homework was pages 4 and 5 in the yellow workbook.
- Tuesday and Wednesday Year 5: This week, we started learning how to make sentences to talk about a vacation. We went over how to say where they are going as well as how they are going. Students are now able to make sentences such as “I am going to London by airplane.” At the end of the lesson, we played the “Knockout” game. Students had to guess where the other students were going in order to eliminate members of the opposite team. Students had to use the question pattern “Are you going to (insert place)?” and answer “Yes, I am.” or “No, I’m not.”
- Thursday Pre-1: This week, I checked students’ ability to write M and N. Next we did a worksheet where students had to choose which habitat belonged to an animal and then make the sentence (ex: Birds live in a cage.). Then they had to trace the sentences on the back of the sheet. After the worksheet was done, we played balloon basketball so they could practice making sentences.
- Year 2: This week, we started by reviewing “th” and “sh” phonics. Then we reviewed how to ask about and tell time (What time is it? It’s 11 o’clock.). Next, I introduced the next unit which will be “daily routines.” Students learned expressions like “brush my teeth,” “eat lunch,” “do my homework,” etc…. We did a worksheet to help them learn the vocabulary and as reading practice. Finally, we played Memory to help students learn and remember the new vocabulary.
- Year 4: We did lesson 2 (pages 66/67) of Unit 5 in the Student Book this week. This is the lesson that has the main paragraph we study every unit. Students read the paragraph and highlighted key vocabulary from Unit 5 that is in it. Then I handed out a worksheet and students had to put the sentences from the paragraph in the correct order on the first page. On the second page, they had to fill in the missing words from the paragraph. I also gave students the Listening, Reading, and Writing Check Sheet for Unit 5. This will be due at the end of the unit (probably just after we get back from New Years break). Students who complete the check sheet, will get to choose a present.
November 19-21, 2019
- Thursday Pre-1: Currently, we are learning about animals and their habitats. This week we did an animal writing and reading worksheet. I introduced different habitats that the animals live in such as; stable, chicken coop, barn, farm, ocean, forest, house, cage, and pond. Students are learning expressions like “Cows live in a barn.” Homework this week is to finish the animal worksheet by writing the animal words a second time on the right side of the page. I have also been checking each student’s ability to write two letters of the alphabet each week. This week we covered K and L. Students who had trouble were given writing worksheets to do at home.
- Year 2: This week we finished reading The Cat in the Hat. We worked on reading and writing words with “th.” Students also did a worksheet on shopping expressions to practice reading and writing skills as well. We played a game where students practiced shopping for appliances. They learned to say “I want this heater please. How much is it?” “This heater is 5 dollars.”
- Year 4: This week we started Unit 5 and covered pages 64/65 in the Student Book. This unit should be easy for Year 4 students since we studied this language in Year 3. The key grammar pattern is “I play the piano on Wednesdays.” or “On Tuesdays, I play soccer.” This unit should be a good chance to review and expand their vocabulary. Homework was pages 36/37 in the Workbook.
- Junior High: Currently, we are working on the past continuous tense using “when” and “While.” For example, “I was watching tv when my dad came home.” Or “While I was cooking dinner, Yuki cleaned the dishes.” No homework this week.
December 17-19, 2019
- Thursday Pre-1: Christmas Party! We read a Christmas book, played musical chairs with Christmas music, played a game with Christmas vocabulary cards, played Ho Ho Ho! Who am I? mystery person game, and did a writing worksheet where students wrote the words for Santa’s clothes like boot, hat, coat, belt, etc… All students received a special Christmas bag with some nice snacks to keep them happy through the holidays! Merry Christmas!
- Year 2: Christmas Party! We did a Christmas worksheet, played Ho Ho Ho! Who am I?, played some card games with Christmas vocabulary words, and had lots of fun! All students received a special Christmas bag with some nice snacks to keep them happy through the holidays! Merry Christmas!
- Year 4: Christmas Party! We listened to The 12 Days of Christmas song and filled out a worksheet. After that, we played some Christmas games like Ho Ho Ho! Who am I? and What’s Missing?. All students received a special Christmas bag with some nice snacks to keep them happy through the holidays! Merry Christmas!
- Junior High: Christmas Party! We listened to The 12 Days of Christmas song and filled out a worksheet. We went over some Christmas vocabulary and played Pass the Christmas Card game. We also played What’s Missing? All students received a special Christmas bag with some nice snacks to keep them happy through the holidays! Merry Christmas!